Invasion D - Dark Fantasy H Game

Sunday, January 18, 2015

News: Maps, Anti Lag Scripts, Rewrites, Filehosters and Theft

Sunday evening news time!

This week I made a couple of new maps and if I am not wrong, then there is only one more map to complete and then I'll have all I need.



There's a lot of stuff going on on the large map, even though I did not add any story relevant events yet, which worries me a bit because I had some serious FPS drops on said map.

I tried to work around that by setting up enemy and village zones. Meaning, enemy events and events related to villages and such do only appear if you are inside such a zone.  This way I was able to get ~5 FPS more out of the map.

Additionally I added MOGs Anti lag script, which is neat because - unlike other anti lag scripts I came across -  it can be deactivated if needed and overall is very user friendly.

Still, it can make problems, like when an event location is set manually and the event moves outside the updated area, causing a crash. So I'm going to have to tweak it a bit more than I already did.

Also, I rewrote a good chunk of the script. Originally I wanted to have Jeff do most of the work in this chapter, but decided that it was too Jeff centric and I like this new version much more then the first draft.

Made a couple of new battlers and set up the troops.

Concerning mega alternatives for the people who can not access mega for whatever reason,
I have not yet found a filehoster which TOS and performance I would find acceptable.
I though billionuploads would be a good choice, but I have not yet received my verification mail, although I registered on Monday...

Lastly, Foo has a couple of new skills now, or better, has one new skill and her own new item to learn new skills.
Don't know why it did not occur to me sooner, but since she is a thief, she should be able to steal, right?

Well, she can now. ^^

I added Yanfly's Steal Items script and it works pretty well.
Aside from the simple steal skill she has now, I build a couple of new skills around this basic skill.
Adding the stealable items to the battler list was a pain in the ass though at the beginning because I fucked up and added the wrong item number (identifies the items) in the comment box for some items.
Of course, I only noticed this when I had already added the script lines to every single enemy (around 160) ...
So I had to check each end every enemy again for the wrong numbers and correct them. :P

But it was worth the time.

That's the news for today.

Happy Sunday everybody.





2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm making a my own game using 3D custom girl for CG's and i was wondering how do you make your male models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, most importantly you need the right body.
      Don't use the standard male mods (the ones that replace the blue guy) because they lack articulation in the face and hands and you can only use one model at a time.
      There are a couple of flat chested, narrow hip models out there, even some newer ones that have muscle tone and other details.
      Can't tell you what they are called because I renamed a lot of them ages ago.
      Then you need a penis mod obviously.
      For clothes you just have to pray that you find some in your mod collection that fit somehow.
      Also I edit the snapshots a lot, meaning removing vaginas if they are visible, and clippping errors from clothes that do not fit 100%.
      My best advise would be to make a request in the hongfire TDCG Mod request thread.

      Delete