Invasion D - Dark Fantasy H Game

Friday, March 21, 2014

Status, new poll

OK, so here's a life sign since some of you already thought I was dead. ^^

Fact is I'm alive an kicking, but  my computer not so much.
Truth be told I was almost 4 weeks without my machine after it decided to slip into a coma.




I tried to fix it myself first, but then I gave it to a workshop, hoping that they would look into my hard drives and find my dirty little files. ^^

Judging from that they kept the thing for THREE WEEKS(!!!!), they did and had their fun with it.

Anyway, I'm back to work but after being off for so much time I'm still struggling to find back into it.

I write most of my ideas and notes down into the script doc and then I have another file named "2do" that contains rough notes, bugs and other stuff.

But I have a habit of memorizing a lot of ideas, too. And things that I find not to be important enough to be written down I just keep in my head for a couple of days and then apply them to the game.
Most important, some in game scripts have become pretty complex and finding back into them can difficult (what the heck did I do there and why did I do this in that way and what is this good for again...)

I'm still working on the new side quest, which turned out to be pretty big, after that I'll go promptly to the next chapter.

Speaking of the next chapter... I'm strongly considering to drop the German version.
The translation is just too much work in my opinion and takes too much time as my scripts tend to get bigger and bigger.

I'll set up a poll, so you can give me your opinion, but either way the results turn out, I'm still having the last word on that matter.

So that's the news. Hope you're enjoying  the spring, I ceratinly do. ^^



4 comments:

  1. Mickele: as previously introduced to your game for it'srare german language I'm feeling a little bit sad about it to vanish for future updates, but in the name of continuous faster and hopefully better working with your resources, i wouldn't be to disappointed if you give up on the german version...
    so i voted undecided, since i liked the german note, but understand that most of your downloads are from the englisch version...
    so don't just start a japanese translation, then i would quit working here :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring? What spring? There's still snow everywhere as far as the eye can see... at least on my end.

    This may be a biased opinion considering since I cannot speak German myself, but if that is what you feel is for the best, then you should go right ahead. It's actually rather curious how you write your script, since it's always been assumed that you had been translating German -> English. But regardless, I hope you can make a satisfying choice and I wish you luck in your efforts for the next version.

    ~Tsuji

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see a single snow flake this winter...

      My writing process is like this: outlines in german (what's gonna happen, where's the story going overall etc.),
      then I create a table for the dialogue lines - left side German, right side English, colored text and backgrounds indicate conditionals.

      But I write the German lines first and usually translate them after I'm done with a specific questsline or similar. But I can't always implement the english lines right afterwards because e.d. I did not copy the new maps because they are not finished yet or something like that.

      Also, while writing or building the game, I might get new ideas. Things do often look fine on paper, but don't "feel" right when I'm finally putting them into the game. So I change things around. That's why I want to finish a story part before translating it.

      Delete
  3. For those Undecided and No people, isn't there always a chance for a Deutsch patch for when it is done? It will also be done sooner if it is dropped for now.

    ReplyDelete