Invasion D - Dark Fantasy H Game

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Open Minigame Test and Status

The last poll results showed that you would prefer it, if I remade some of the older scenes.

I uploaded a demo to mega to show how I thought I might do it.
This demo includes not much but the remake of the Foo "Photo Session".
I created new pictures for it and turned it into a minigame.




You can download it here and please leave your thoughts in the comments.
Edit: Changed link to an overworked version. This has the cursor light up when you find the right spot.

It's all made with common events because I don't know much about scripting... ^^°

The controls are a bit sloppy and it's better to hold the buttons for a second or two than just press it.

Part f the initial text is in German as is Jack's text, but that does not matter much.

The first part says: Foo is ticklish, find the right spots to get her into position.

Screenshot:


I'm not saying that I'll make a minigame out of every scene from now on, but I'll see what I can do to make them a bit more interactive.

As for the next update, I'm still working on it, but it's basically done, just needs a bit more testing.



 

2 comments:

  1. The demo was very well done, although some parts were not the most obvious. The cursor shining was definitely a necessary addition. The minigame was enjoyable, although sometimes the cursor was shining over the entire screen during scene changes (I assume you made the entire screen clickable so people don't fail while spamming the 's' key), which was somewhat misleading. Also, the cursor shining the same colour as the edges makes it somewhat hard to discern at times, so a slightly different colour might be better.

    Also, the 'A' key seems to return to a previous picture, while the 'D' key does not seem to move to the next one, despite the arrow sign blinking on the screen. Also, the 'C' key does not do anything.

    But anyway, well done; I'll be looking foward to the rest of your redone scenes, . Oh, and the next patch, too xD.

    People are greedy, what can I say, hehe.

    ~Tsuji

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, 'C' does not work. Instead, zooming seems to be hotkeyed to 'SHIFT' instead. However, if you don't face the same problem, there is always the possibility the problem is caused by an issue on my end.

      ~Tsuji

      Delete